The intelligent resistant temperature device (IRTD) is a secondary standard with a completely self-contained measurement system, including electronics for calibration and temperature conversion. Kaye’s IRTD provides ultra-high accuracy temperature data to your computer with no additional measurement or readout equipment required. The IRTD removes common sources of error because its integrated electronics and sensor are calibrated as a single instrument. Analog to digital conversion is automatic – no manual interpolations or calculations are necessary. The self-contained IRTD allows you to cut system error in half while eliminating the cost and effort of calibrating supporting equipment. For thermal validation applications, the IRTD communicates bath temperature directly with the Kaye systems.
The IRTD is an integral part of Kaye’s automated sensor calibration system. In addition, the IRTD is invaluable for confirming the accuracy of other temperature standards. For this purpose, Kaye has developed IRTDWin™ software. This software automatically records data and computes any delta between two probes so you can easily confirm the accuracy of your traveling standard. Simply plug in your stationary and traveling IRTDs to your PC. The IRTDWin™ software displays and records the probes serial numbers and live temperature values. One convenient interface screen lets you track probe stability, numerically and graphically, and confirm system accuracy.
- Temperature range -195 to 420°C
- Accuracy over range ±0.025°C
- Resolution 0.001°C
- Sensor element 200 Ohm Platinum sensor
- Sheath material Inconel™ 600
- Immersion depth 101.6mm (4″)
- Calibration Traceable to NIST or PTB; Recommended calibration period is 1 year
- Measurement rate 30 readings per second
- Ambient temperature range 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
- Humidity Humidity 0 to 95% non-condensing
- Dimensions Overall length: 603mm (23.75″); Grip: 89mm x 32mm (3.5″ x 1.25″) Sensor sheath: 457mm x 6.35mm (18″ x 0.25″)
A standard unit contains the following accessories:
- IRTD-400 intelligent RTD probe
- AC Adapter with RJ11/4 (phone jack) termination Model M2831 or M2835)
- IRTD cable with RJ11/4 (phone jack) termination M2810
- IRTD cable with 4-pin DIN termination
- 9-pin to 9-pin female-female RS-232 cable
- User’s guide
- NIST calibrated
Setup and Reporting Service
- Complete service of IRTD setup, and data collection to prepare summary tables and graphs
Prepare summary table of all data gathered in the same Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file.
Prepare summary graphs of all data gathered in the same Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file.
- Includes configuration, data extraction and report generation.