In this article, you will learn the main mistakes that food companies do according to the FDA and cGMP Good Manufacturing Practices.
The 7 most common errors that Food companies do to comply with the QSR Quality System Regulations and FDA requirements are:
- FDA Registration. The first mistake is the lack of annual FDA registration. The Bioterrorism Act and the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requires that: Food facilities register with FDA, and FDA be given advance notice on shipments of imported food. Specifically, it mandates that facilities engaged in manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding food for consumption in the United States submit additional registration information to FDA, including an assurance that FDA will be permitted to inspect the facility at the times and in the manner permitted by the FD&C Act. It also requires food facilities required to register with the FDA to renew such registrations every other year, and provides the FDA with authority to suspend the registration of a food facility in certain circumstances.
- Written Procedures. Some food companies do not have written procedures and controls to follow in the manufacturing, packaging, and labeling of their products.
- cGMP Training. Lack of training evidence in written procedures and controls in the production and packaging of their foods.
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Readiness Assessment. This act focuses on responding to foodborne illness and preventing it. Click on this video for more information.
- Food Safety Plan (FSP) development and implementation. The FSP consists of the primary documents in a preventive controls food safety system that provides a systematic approach to the identification of food safety hazards that must be controlled to prevent or minimize the likelihood of foodborne illness or injury.
- HACCP Plan Development and Implementation, including support with pre-requisite programs. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a food safety monitoring system that is used to identify and control biological, chemical, and physical hazards within the storage, transportation, use, preparation, and sale of perishable goods. In addition, this plan determines critical control points (CCP) in the process of food production.
- Quality Audits to ensure compliance with new applicable regulations to the food industry.
Other types of mistakes that food companies do according to the FDA are typically published in warning letters during FDA inspections. Click here to make a search.
CIQA is a quality and regulatory consultant with 25 years of experience developing products and managing projects in the medical device supply chain, and pharmaceutical industries. Rest assured of the safety or being in the right hands.
Our Food Safety team could provide you a broad range of professional expertise in:
- FDA Registration Support.
- SOP Preparation
- cGMP Training
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Readiness Assessment.
- Food Safety Plan (FSP) development and implementation.
- HACCP Plan Development and Implementation,
- Quality Audits.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW US TO LEARN MORE.
For more details about the most common mistakes that food companies do frequently, follow us.
Three (3) Options to Create Document Control Management DCM Procedures:
Bronze Option. You Can Create Your Own Quality Procedures, using a Template.
You can download samples of the Document Control Management DCM procedure templates in .pdf format.
To see the complete list of the most popular quality procedures templates, click here.
In addition, you can request a quotation to buy online a full SOP template document in MS Word format that is completely editable, ready to fill, and adapt to your specific needs.
Silver Option. We Can Bring You Formal Training about the most typical mistakes that food companies do every day.
This option is recommended if you want to learn more about how to build robust quality system procedures. One of our expert(s) can provide online step-by-step training to your team (unlimited assistance) on how to build reliable SOPs using our template(s). Also, you can improve your corporate quality procedures and policies by incorporating our template(s) and tools. It includes a fully editable template from the Bronze option, plus training, exams, and a training certificate for each assistant. Request a quote now.
Gold Option. We Can Create Customized Quality Procedures.
One of our expert(s) will create and prepare your customized SOPs with the inputs and specific information of your company. It includes a fully editable template from the Bronze option, plus online support in document creation, implementation, and training. Request a quote online.
REFERENCES: The main mistakes that food companies do constantly.
STATUTORY AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
PART 117 — CURRENT GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE, HAZARD ANALYSIS, AND RISK-BASED PREVENTIVE CONTROLS FOR HUMAN FOOD
Subpart C–Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls
Sec. 117.126 Food safety plan.
Rules and Standards for Food Processing
TITLE 21–FOOD AND DRUGS
CHAPTER I–FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
SUBCHAPTER B–FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
PART 110 CURRENT GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE IN MANUFACTURING, PACKING, OR HOLDING HUMAN FOOD
For more information about the most common mistakes that food companies do frequently, refer to: