In this article, you will learn the most relevant attributes of the temperature data loggers used for thermal mapping and other validation studies in Puerto Rico.
1. User Interface
Typically, temperature data loggers have no LCD display for the user interface or a basic numerical display. Other data loggers’ models more expensive, shall provide a relatively sophisticated display incorporating waveforms and numbers.
Most modern temperature data loggers are built with a web or HTTP interface to connect with them remotely by ethernet using their IP address in a web browser to allow the user to observe and monitor their values in real-time.
2. Data Storage Attributes of the Temperature Data loggers
Typically, temperature data loggers store the recorded information into their internal non-volatile memory, which is later downloaded to an external computer for analysis, summarizing, and reporting. The memory of the data logger is normally measured in kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes.
With a pre-established frequency, the measured readings of temperature and relative humidity in the data logger are downloaded (either manually or automatically) to external systems for long-term storage and analysis.
Some types of data loggers bring hard-wired interfaces such as USB or Ethernet for streaming their data out to an external system for monitoring. Other models offer WIFI streaming.
3. Real-time Monitoring Attributes of the Temperature Data loggers
Temperature Data logger with LCD digital display.
More expensive models of temperature data loggers bring real-time monitoring capability with a built-in LCD display that shows the temperature and % relative humidity values being measured in real-time.
Others temperature data loggers more sophisticated bring a wired or WIFI interface whereby another computer may access and make real-time data monitoring.
In the case of data loggers which do not have real-time data monitoring, it is necessary to wait until the whole data gathering is finished before the data can be downloaded and evaluated using an external computer.
4. Power System Attributes of the Temperature Data loggers
Normally, temperature data loggers are low-power electronic devices with portable capabilities to be installed in any location in which wired devices are not suitable. These small devices are battery-powered with rechargeable or disposable batteries.
Since they consume low power, the temperature data loggers are capable to operate and gather data for weeks or months depending on its battery capacity.
In some models, batteries can be replaced easily, but others have the battery welded and integrated into the electronic board which cannot be replaced easily. The data loggers designed with batteries that cannot be replaced are called disposable data loggers.
In the case of data loggers designed to record for extended periods of time require an external power supply. Small data loggers use DC power input, while larger models may have an AC power input.
Recommendations to Avoid Mistakes Selecting Temperature Data Loggers.
We suggest evaluating all your requirements and needs to use temperature data loggers, but, also consider the frequency of use monthly, and how fast you need them on-site for your validation study.
So, you can determine if is better to buy or rent them based on the expertise and time availability of your employees to configure and prepare the trending graphs and summary statistical reports on time.
Before buy, consider the cost of the data loggers, but, also the cost of the calibration and its lead time.
Evaluate and compare the total costs and lead times, against the costs to rent data loggers already calibrated.
If you are NOT using temperature data loggers frequently, consider a fast CIQA rental of the calibrated data loggers required for the thermal study. Thermal Mapping Outcomes
VALIDATION PROTOCOL TEMPLATES
GET THERMAL MAPPING AND VALIDATION PROTOCOL TEMPLATES
In case you need to create or update your thermal mapping protocol, you can use our template protocol to accelerate the process to perform the validation study and monitoring.
Now you can download a complete validation protocol template fully editable in MS Word or get a hard-copy and Amazon Kindle format, ready to fill, and use according to your cGMP needs, check the following documents and see more information at the CIQA Shop.
DATA LOGGERS SETUP AND CONFIGURATION SERVICES:
One of our data logger experts can set up, configure and bring to you the data loggers ready to use and be installed to collect information from your thermal mapping study. At the end of your monitoring, you can send the data loggers back to us for data extraction, evaluation, and perform the statistical analysis and plotting with averages, maximums, and minimums.
cGMP VALIDATION & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE CONSULTING
VALIDATION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE APPLICATION
MORE SERIES AND VIDEOS ABOUT TEMPERATURE DATA LOGGERS
TO RECEIVE NEWS AND USEFUL TOOLS ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TEMPERATURE DATA LOGGERS, SUBSCRIBE, AND FOLLOW US.
CIQA is a quality and regulatory consultant with 25 years of experience developing products and managing projects in the medical device supply chain, and pharmaceutical industries. Rest assured of the safety or being in the right hands.
- What is a Temperature Data Logger?
- The 12 Most Common Applications for Temperature Data Loggers.
- The Top 6 Advantages Using Temperature Data Loggers
- The 5 Most Common Types of Temperature Data Loggers
- The Top 10 Main Characteristics of the Temperature Data loggers
- The 4 Main Attributes of Temperature Data loggers.
- Costs of the Temperature Data Loggers for Validation Purposes
- The 4 Best Features of the Temperature Data Loggers
- The Top 3 Pros and Cons of Temperature Dataloggers
- The 5 Most Common Uses of the Temperature Data loggers
- How to Determine the Data Loggers Record Duration?
- How to Download the Information out of the Temperature Data Logger
- How to Determine the Number of Temperature Data Loggers Do I Need?
- How Data loggers can handle their memory.
- The Top 6 Reasons Why People Rent Temperature Data Loggers.
- 3 Reasons Why are Temperature Data Loggers Useful.
- How to Configure a temperature Data logger in 5 steps
- The 5 Most Common Mistakes When Buying Data Loggers
- How to Choose the Best Temperature Data Loggers for your Validation.
- 6 Main Differences between Data Loggers.
- What is a Thermal Mapping Distribution Study?
- How to Make a Thermal Mapping in Four Steps
- What 5 Tests Should Be Performed During Temperature Mapping?
- Understanding the 5 Most Relevant Thermal Mapping Outcomes
- The Best Locations to Place Temperature Data loggers for thermal mappings.
https://youtu.be/H58OKuwg6Cc – Ep27 software
https://youtu.be/YxrzxgN0R5o – Ep26 template
https://youtu.be/MKrmP3EGhG4 -Ep6 – old
https://youtu.be/J82Q3H9c0IE – Ep10 Differences between data loggers
https://youtu.be/PuEfgrOdm4I – Ep11
https://youtu.be/oeaWhumdi5A – Ep12
https://youtu.be/3p7Q8jHkAUA – Ep13
https://youtu.be/GDf_pB4opbE – EP14