In this article, you will learn the basic instructions to set up the Temperature Data Loggers for thermal mapping and other validation studies. Moreover, you can find out how to get a Thermal Mapping Validation Template and Validation Management Software Application to handle your qualification activities more efficiently.
The initial data logger’s configuration is very easy to do, simply follow these instructions: Set up the Temperature Data Loggers
1. Install the manufacturer data logger software in your computer, then connect the logger to your PC using a wired (USB cable or an inductive pad for some units) or wireless connection. Set up the Temperature Data Loggers
2. Use the software to set up and activate the logger. During set up, you can add a description to label the data, and set the logging interval (that is, the time between each reading is taken), and set an alarm indication if readings fall outside a user-defined range.
3. Unplug the logger and place it where it is going to record. Once setup is complete, the logger is ready to use.
4. To download the data from the logger at the end of the period of recording, connect it to the computer again and use the “Download’ option. Set up the Temperature Data Loggers
5. Data can be displayed as a graph, or it can also be displayed as a table of readings, and summary information. Graphs and tables can easily be printed, copied and pasted, or exported into other software packages for report writing purposes.
Recommendations to Avoid Mistakes Selecting Temperature Data Loggers.
We suggest evaluating all your requirements and needs to use temperature data loggers mentioned above, but, also consider the frequency of use monthly, and how fast you need them on-site for your validation study.
So, you can determine if is better to buy or rent them based on the expertise and time availability of your employees to configure and prepare the trending graphs and summary statistical reports on time.
Before buy, consider the cost of the data loggers, but, also the cost of the calibration and its lead time.
Evaluate and compare the total costs and lead times, against the costs to rent data loggers already calibrated.
If you are NOT using temperature data loggers frequently, consider a fast CIQA rental of the calibrated data loggers required for the thermal study. Thermal Mapping Outcomes
One of our data logger experts can set up, configure and bring to you the data loggers ready to use and be installed to collect information from your thermal mapping study. At the end of your monitoring, you can send the data loggers back to us for data extraction, evaluation, and perform the statistical analysis and plotting with averages, maximums, and minimums. For more information about services to make the initial setup, configuration, and statistical summary reports with trending graphs, click here.
THERMAL MAPPING PROTOCOL TEMPLATE
In case you need to create or update your thermal mapping protocol, you can use our template protocol to accelerate the process to perform the validation study and monitoring. To download a free sample of a thermal mapping protocol template in .pdf format, click here.
VALIDATION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE APPLICATION
Moreover, soon you can get a Validation Management Software Application to handle all your qualification and validation documents from anywhere at any time.
TO RECEIVE NEWS AND USEFUL TOOLS ABOUT HOW TO SET UP THE TEMPERATURE DATA LOGGERS, SUBSCRIBE, AND FOLLOW US.
CIQA is a quality and regulatory consultant with 25 years of experience developing products and managing projects in the medical device supply chain, and pharmaceutical industries. Rest assured of the safety or being in the right hands.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO SET UP THE TEMPERATURE DATA LOGGERS, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US EITHER BY EMAIL OR PHONE: 787-487-9235. (Hablamos Español)
REFERENCES: Set up the Temperature Data Loggers